Thursday 21 February 2013

Instant happiness!

Today is a hard day. Luckily, there was Lifehacker to pick me up. Or at least give me some good ideas how to.
Source: positivecultures.ning.com
I don't think this will solve all your issues, but if you're feeling a little down, check this article: 

25 simple ways to make your life happier

My favourites?

Massage: pretty obvious, no? Boyfriend is getting pretty good at it :-)

Talking with friends: if available, and only very good friends.

Walking: seems to help boyfriend a lot when he's stressed. 

Source: fanpop.net
Music: I love all kinds of music, but when sad, I need something happy, or something I can sing along with.

Avoid negativeness: I tend to get caught in negative thoughts, pessemistic scenarios, exaggerations of current problems and so on. I have to actively break free from those.

Providing help: try to focus on others, don't do it to make yourself feel good, to get thanks or even admiration, just change the focus from your own problem to someone or something else.

Cooking (or something else with my hands): you get instant result, and working with my hands makes my focus less on negative thoughts, given that it isn't a boring task.This is related to the next one:

Healthy eating: how comforting chips or candy can be, in the long run, I really feel better and seem to have more energy when eating healthy and regularly.

Source: livewellbewellnvly.org
Physical activity: feels very useful, good for health, fitness and selfesteem. Boosts my mood as well, but doing the first step can be hard when you're not in high spirits...

Time alone: seems contradictory with 'talking with friends', but sometimes, social smalltalk, keeping everybody happy or the effort not to ruin other people's mood is too much to face. So, time alone to think things over or doing one of the former 'happy-makers' it is. 

Dignity: focus on your plus sides, what you mean to people, what you're good at. 

Not on the list: old memories: texts, e-mails, letters, greeting cards: remembrance of fun times, nice people, some shameless self-flattering,... Can be just what you need on a bluesy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment